Halò a h-uile duine!
Sgoil Ghàidhlig Bhaile an Taigh Mhóir and Gàidhlig Photomac will hold a joint outdoor picnic céilidh for Gàidhlig learners around the region. (Family, friends, and newbies welcome). Join us to kick off the summer.
Sunday, 4 June
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Hike with Gaelic learning; Gaelic session at site for those who do not want to hike
3:00 – 5:00 pm
Picnic and céilidh – Food, music, songs, craic
For hikers and nature lovers: The Billy Goat Trail offers excellent (strenuous) hiking for those who would like to come early. The C and O Canal trail offers less strenuous adventure and nature-watching to those who want to see heron, water fowl, tangier, and many, many native plant species.
More info on hiking, parking, and the C and O canal:
More detailed directions from 1-495:
1. From the Beltway (I-495), take exit 41
(Coming from MD, the sign will say: Carderock, Great Falls, MD. Coming from VA, the sign will say Clara Barton Pkwy, Carderock, Glen Echo.)
2. Take the Clara Barton Pkwy going west.
3. Take the next right (sign says “Carderock, Carderock Div. NavSurfWarCen”).
4. Go up the ramp (you’ll see an I-495 sign).
5. At the top of the ramp, go left at the stop sign.
6. Go across the bridge over the Clara Barton Pkwy and continue straight into the park (don’t turn at the opposite end of the bridge).
7. Follow the road as it winds to the right and goes under the C&O canal bridge.
8. At the stop sign, where the road stops at a T, GO LEFT. We will be in the parking lot of a large pavilion (which we have not booked).